Monday, October 12, 2020 2:12 PM
As more and more people are forced to stay at home due to quarantine measures from COVID-19, digital media consumption, perhaps unsurprisingly, has increased. In fact, someresearchersforesee a 60% increase in media consumption as a result of the stay-at-home guidelines. Whether or not your business can still conduct business in person or not, this increase in media intake means it is now more important than ever to expand and build upon your digital marketing presence, and to focus your efforts towards target marketing during COVID.
What is Target Marketing?
Using data from your digital marketing ads and media, businesses are able to segment and categorize consumers into different demographics to find which audiences are their most ideal customers. This is known as target marketing. By having access to this data, you can determine critical information about your perfect customer in addition to general demographic information, such as online behavior, purchase history, repeat purchases, and loyalty. Using this information, businesses can tailor their product, website, and marketing strategies to fit into that target audience. When considering this, it is easy to see there are many benefits to target marketing!
What are the Best Digital Channels and Strategies for Target Marketing?
Depending on your target audience and your product/business, there may be digital channels and strategies that are more suited for your marketing plan. Here are some of the best ways you can collect data about your target audience and engage with your consumer:
- Social Media. No matter what demographic your business is targeting, chances are all of your consumers are on social media in one form or another. From Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and more, creating engaging and interesting content to appear on your consumer’s social media can bring “social traffic” to your website.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO). When consumers type in keywords to a search engine, pages of relevant businesses, websites, and other results come up. Most times, consumers only look at the first page of results. Search engine optimization can make your page appear faster on search engines, which could bring in new customers to your business. While this is an effective strategy, SEO can take years to materialize, as it takes a lot of content creation to appear quickly on a search engine.
- Paid Search. Paid searches include paid advertising on media channels, like Pay Per Click posts and social media boosts. Paid search is one of the more expensive ways to target market, however, it yields results quickly, and is ideal during this time of COVID.
- mail Marketing. Especially during a lockdown, update your email marketing strategy to reflect the tone and challenges of the time. For example, instead of emailing your new opening hours or safety precautions, a restaurant may consider emailing out new and fun recipes or innovative ways to engage your children with cooking. This content, while not “selling” anything, will keep your audience engaged, even when they are away.
- Affiliate Programs and Third-Party Resellers. Sites like Amazon, Groupon, Rakuten, Ebay, and Etsy, can promote your products and sell to new customers. Though you will have to give up a percentage of sales, it may be more cost-effective than paying directly for marketing.
- Give Back to the Community. Though not a digital marketing strategy, shifting your business model to give back to the community will increase support and brand awareness. You can give back in multiple ways, like donating, collaborating with other businesses, or volunteering.
AtXAPP Design, we worry about your digital marketing and target marketing strategy, so that you don’t have to. Leave the data, statistics, and content creation up to us so that you can focus on running your business and creating a great product. Since opening, we have built up a reputation for creating a positive return on investment for our clients, and guarantee that our strategy works. Don’t believe us? Just visit ourFacebookto see for yourself. To learn more, fill out a contact form or give us a call at 1-866-477-XAPP (9277).