Friday, December 11, 2020 12:21 PM
2020 has been a year like no other in our lifetime and if you’re like a majority of Americans you are probably counting down the days until we raise our glasses and start a new year. With the Coronavirus pandemic ravaging the global economy and wiping out calendars and social gatherings staying in touch with people through technology is becoming even more important. In fact, research shows the average United States adult spends 3 hours and 43 minutes on their mobile devices. That’s roughly 50 days a year! If you spend a lot of time on your smart device, chances are you frequently useapplicationsfor daily tasks, reminders, banking, shopping, organization, photo editing, and even fun.
The Apple App Store has 1.96 million apps available for download. There are 2.87 million apps available for download on the Google Play Store. The average person has over 80 apps installed on their device, and new apps are created almost daily.
Two major factors that drove the eruption of mobile apps are:
- User’s ability to download and use smart apps on their devices
- Luxury of carrying their mobile phones wherever they go
In terms of apps, we have relied so much on them as a society that they are not going anywhere anytime soon, in fact, they will only continue to evolve and grow as times change. Here are some trends to watch for according tobuildfire
1. Internet of Things (IoT) App Integration: Mobile apps can be used to adjust the thermostat in a house from a remote location, lock or unlock a front door, and connect to home security systems. Refrigerators and other household appliances can also be connected to mobile apps.
2. Apps For Foldable Devices: The idea is that an app should seamlessly adjust its display as the screen folds or unfolds. Right now, foldable devices are just a sliver of the overall smartphone market share. But this will change in the coming years. According to a 2019 study by USA Today, 17% of iPhone users and 19% of Android users are excited about buying a phone with a foldable design. According to Statista, roughly 3.2 million foldable phones were shipped in 2019. This forecast is expected to reach 50 million units by 2022.
3. 5G Technology: For developers, resellers, and creators, this technology is poised to change the way apps are used and created. The penetration of 5G will ultimately boost the functionality of mobile apps. This will allow developers to add new features to apps without negatively affecting the app’s performance.
4. Development For Wearable Devices: More mobile apps will be made with wearables in mind. Users will be able to download tens of thousands of apps directly from their wrist.
5. Beacon Technology: The main benefit of beacon technology is proximity marketing. It ultimately improves the customer experience within a mobile app.
6. Mobile Commerce: Mobile ecommerce functionality is a top feature for mobile app resellers to showcase during client pitches. It seems like every day another business is launching an app to drive sales.
7. Artificial Intelligence (AI): Examples of AI features that can be implemented into a mobile app include:
- Image recognition
- Face detection
- Text and image classification
- Sentiment recognition and classification
- Speech recognition
- Predictive maintenance
8. Mobile Wallets:Wallet integration should become a standard feature for every app that processes transactions. Currently, that’s not the case. But the mobile wallet penetration rate in apps will grow significantly in the coming years.
9. Augmented Reality (AR): AR adaption is a top app development trend for content creators. You can use this technology to get creative as Instagram and Snapchat do with face filters.
10. Chatbots: Since chatbots are driven by AI technology, their responses are becoming more human-like. The global chatbot market is growing at 24% each year.
11. Superior App Security: From an app development standpoint, you can’t afford to take any shortcuts when it comes to securing your app. If you’re an app reseller, security needs to be a top priority for your clients as well.
12. Predictive Analytics: By leveraging technology for machine learning, AI, data mining, and modeling, predictive analytics can forecast events using data.
13. On-Demand Mobile Apps: Users spend $57.6 billion per year using on-demand services. These are some examples of how apps can transform the on-demand industry:
- Laundry service
- Doctors on-demand
- Virtual tutors and coaches
- Food delivery
- House cleaning
- Maintenance services
- Fitness on-demand
- Pet care
- Barber and beauty salon
14. Cloud Computing Integration:Cloud storage technology can improve the performance of mobile apps at the user’s end. Apps can store data and carry out complex tasks on the cloud, as opposed to storing information directly on the user’s device.
15. Instant Apps: Users can try the app without installing it. They just need to click on the “try now” button. Instant apps have size restrictions, so it won’t necessarily be a full version of the app. But these limitations could change in the coming years.
As you can see, mobile app development is constantly changing. From simple ideas to the very complex, XAPP Design can design a mobile app that fits the bill. Your app will work on Android and IOS, be available on those app stores, and will have native device functionality. Visit us online today to learn more, don’t forget to follow us on Facebook